What I use:
- Well, I don't self-host this site.
- My laptop is Thinkpad X230 with an SSD, it does its job and I don't
plan to upgrade.
- For reading and RSS, I use jailbroken Kindle PW3 with KOReader.
- I attempt to minimise e-waste and thus I do not aim at any brand
identity for peripheral hardware. Just a working base is enough for
me. The rest is happenstance depending on life circumstance varying from
tiny headphones I got from a friend, to salvaging a display.
- My dotfiles tell quite a large story.
- Currently I use Artix linux, if I were to recommend a distribution
I would either recommend Manjaro or Xubuntu.
- My WM is spectrwm as it fits all my needs without in depth issues,
same applies to the terminal emulator, which is alacritty.
- For smaller writings I use vis text editor, for larger work with references I use acme.
- My current browser for the majority of sites is Firefox with ghacks
user.js. I got addicted to tree style tabs, probs should port it to
tabbed. If everything is broken, and sadly it happens too often,
then I'll use Brave. For gopher sacc is completly fine.
- For PDFs - zathura or okular, for videos - mpv, for music -
ncmpcpp with mopidy, for images - sxiv, for e-mail - mutt and
isync, RSS - sfeed, RSI prevention - pokoy, and for this site -