1. Introduction §
The Port of the week of this end of 2021 is Cozy a GTK audio book player. There are currently not much alternative outside of audio players if you want to listen to audio books.
2. How to install §
On OpenBSD I imported cozy in December 2021 so it will be available from OpenBSD 7.1 or now in -current, a simple "pkg_add cozy" is required to install.
On Linux, there is a flatpak package if your distribution doesn't provide a package.
3. Features §
Cozy provides a few features making it more interesting than a regular music player:
- keep track of your advancement of each book
- playback speed can be changed if you want to listen faster (or slower)
- automatic rewind can be configured when you resume playing, it's useful when you need to pause when disturbed and you want to resume the playback
- sleep timer if you want playback to stop after some time
- the UI is easy to use and nice
- can make local copies of audio books from remote sources