I am learning mutt and I am lost. If you are like me, you may like the following cheat sheet!
I am using it through imap, it may be different with local mailbox.
Case is important !
- Change folder : Y
- Filter the display : l (for limit) and then a filter like this
- ~d <2w : ~d for date and <2w for “less than 2 weeks” no space in <2w !
- ~b “hello mate” : ~b is for body and the string is something to find in the body
- ~f firstname.lastname@example.org : ~f for from and you can make an expression
- ~s “Urgent” : ~s stands for subject and use a pattern
- Delete messages with filter : D with a filter, if you used limit before it will propose by default the filter of limit
- Delete a message : d (it will be marked as Deleted)
Deleted messages will be removed when you change the folder or if you exit. Pressing $ can do it manually.