I switched to mu4e to manage my mails at work, and also to send mails. But in our corporation we all have a signature that include our logo and some hypertext links, so I couldn’t just insert my signature and be done with that. There is a simple way to deal with this problem, I fetched the html part of my signature (which include an image in base64) and pasted it into my emacs config file this way.
(setq mu4e-compose-signature "<#part type=text/html><html><body><p>Hello ! I am the html signature which can contains anything in html !</p></body></html><#/part>" )
I pasted my signature instead of the hello world text of course, but you only have to use the part tag and you are done ! The rest of your mails will be plain text, except this part.
I have not found any answer about this so I share my fixed. I wanted to use mbsync with one IMAP server and encountered the following error.
IMAP command 'AUTHENTICATE DIGEST-MD5' returned an error: NO Authentication failed
A fix is to add the following to your ~/.mbsyncrc IMAPAccount declaration.
Using LOGIN instead of DIGEST-MD5 is still secure if you have an encrypted connection (IMAPS or STARTTLS). The login will be given plaintext inside the connection.
I am learning mutt and I am lost. If you are like me, you may like the following cheat sheet !
I am using it through imap, it may be different with local mailbox.
Case is important !
- Change folder : Y
- Filter the display : l (for limit) and then a filter like this
- ~d <2w : ~d for date and <2w for “less than 2 weeks” no space in <2w !
- ~b “hello mate” : ~b is for body and the string is something to find in the body
- ~f email@example.com : ~f for from and you can make an expression
- ~s “Urgent” : ~s stands for subject and use a pattern
- Delete messages with filter : D with a filter, if you used limit before it will propose by default the filter of limit
- Delete a message : d (it will be marked as Deleted)
Deleted messages will be removed when you change the folder or if you exit. Pressing $ can do it manually.