If you use a RSS feed tool, you may have noticed the whole feed being imported again, and it should be doing it again when I submit this new message.
I made some changes in the code framework, and a previous limitation of cl-yag (the generator name) was that “~” in the url should be doubled to only display once. This was due to a bug I could not find until this morning.
I fixed it for something else (every texts processed had a string replacement from ~ to ~~ and it was slowing the process) but did not change the ~ in my blog url. After the update, every link in the RSS feed had /~~solene/.
Now that is fixed, links change again and you should receive the feed as new again.
I am truly sorry for this mistake.
Hi from 2019! Some news about me and this blog.
It’s been more than a month since the last article, which is unusual. I don’t have much time these days and the ideas in the queue are not easy topics, so I don’t publish anything.
I am now on Mastodon at email@example.com, publishing things on the Fediverse. Mostly UNIX propaganda.
This year I plan to work on reed-alert to improve its usage, maybe write more how-to or documentation about it too. I also think about writing non-core probes in a separate repository.
Cl-yag, the blog generator that I use for this blog should deserve some attention too, I would like to make it possible to create static pages not in the index/RSS, this doesn’t require much code as I already have a proof of concept, but it requires some changes to better integrate within.
Finally, my deployment tool drist should definitely be fixed to support tcsh and csh on remote shells for script execution. This requires a few easy changes. Some better documentation and how-to would be nice too.
I also revived a project named faubackup, it’s a backup software which is now hosted on Framagit.
And I revived another project which is from me, a packages statistics website to have some stats about installed OpenBSD packages. The code is not great, the web UI is not great, the filters are not great but it works. It needs improvements. I’m thinking about making a package of it for people wishing to participate, that would install the client and add a cron to update the package list weekly. The Web UI is at this address Pkgstat, that name is not good but I did not find a good name yet. The code can be downloaded here.
Thank you for reading :)